Monday, December 17, 2007

Sponsors for 2008


So, I am pleased to report that I will be back racing for Zoot in 2008! Not only have I always loved the style of Zoot's tri clothing (and now cycling and running line as well), but the new Ultra Shoes are getting ready to debut this year and I can tell you from experience that they are "cutting edge". From the "drainage holes" in the soles (so that you can pour water over your head in a hot race and not feel like you are running with 10 lbs on each foot!), to the easy slip on of the shoes, to the super fast "lace-up system" that enables you to tighten them with the pull of a bungee. Not only are Zoot products (Ultra line is my favorite) cutting edge, but the company is like a small family. Being that the company started in Hawaii, Zoot made sure that they had a tent set up on Allii Drive during Ironman week, so that their athletes (such as myself) could drop by, as well as anyone else who was interested in testing out the Ultra shoes and checking out some sweet tri clothing, including the sleek "Ultra SpeetZoot" (which I swam in during ironman). So far, it looks like we will be riding Scott bicycles for 2008 as well as using GU products for our nutrition needs. Suunto watches will be a returning sponsor, and their watches and heart rate monitors are top of the line. I couldn't be happier for my 2008 season!
In addition to Zoot, Profile Design has taken great care of me and has agreed to do so for 2008 as well. Last year, in Kona and Placid, I raced with the Cobra Wing Base bars and T2+ Cobra aero bars from profile with the aero bottle set up. This year I will be using the same bars as well many other products from Profile, including the Elite Karbon Kage for my bottles. Profile Design has a great reputation for a reason.

No comments: