Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

Happy New Year! I've finally decided on my training and racing plans for 2009! I will be heading to Tucson in February to train with twin superstars Kim Loeffler and Kelly Liljeblad for warm weather training , then returning home for a few weeks before heading to New Orleans to race the new 70.3 race there on April 5th. I am really excited to race New Orleans as it seems like a flat course with warm weather...my favorite conditions! I will be flying back to Tucson after the race to again train with Kelly and Kim as well as with Tara Norton! The four of us should be excellent training partners, all with different strengths! At the end of the Tucson training in April, I will head to St. Croix for another excellent 70.3 (and TOUGH COURSE) with Tara before returning home again for good. At least mostly for good, that is. I may have to travel down to Maryland for one of my favorite races of all time in June...Eagleman! That is not set, however as it is only 3 weeks before my "A race"...Ironman Austria on July 5th! My friend Erin will be traveling with me to Austria to provide race support. It should be a great time! After that, things are up in the air, but so far the schedule is set and I am really looking forward to it!


As I headed out the door to do Part I of my "split long run" yesterday I thought about the warm weather that I had just run in down in Florida and the warmth that awaits me in Arizona. I find that I get less tolerant for the cold the more I travel! All went well though. It didnt seem to be quite as bad as I had anticipated. Now if I can only get to the pool this morning. The roads seem pretty icy out there, so Im hoping the pool is open!

2 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Sounds like a great race season planned for u too. How exciting all that travel and new racing. I too am tired of racing the same races over and over. I would have loved to do New Orleans and St Croix is a favorite too. IM Austria should be a blast. I'm going over to SA so I can visit my family too but I am dissapointed as they only have one spot there for Kona so I shall just race mKeep up the great training! little heart out.