Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day Before...

Im sitting at my house watching the start of the Tour de France. Lance is just about to take off on his TT. What a great sporting event! Im so excited to follow along for the next 3 weeks! This one should be VERY exciting!!!!
I have completed all of my "pre-race" duties (dropping off the bike as well as the bike and run bags. I also did a short ride today. 37 min total with 5 min around 1/2IM wattage and 10 min around IM wattage. I felt great today! Woo Hoo!

Erin and I rented an electric boat yesterday and scoped out the swim. The swim ends in a canal and I wasn't quite sure where the entrance was. Typically, I would do my normal "haphazard" preparation and "wing it" race day, but I actually PREPARED this time, which is something I should do more of, but I am constantly fighting my "ditsy" personality. I wish I were a detail person, but I am not. Here is the start of the canal...

Erin has been a GREAT help to me for this race and I am indebted to her! She was taking pictures as I got my things together last night. I feel like this is my first Ironman all over again! It's great to have the positive vibes from her and from everyone else! I just found out this morning (more preparation) the course has 800 meters (2,600 ft) of climbing PER 90 Km loop. I checked out Placid and it's 3000 ft of climbing per loop...what??!!! I thought this was supposed to be a fast bike?! Im guessing that the downhills are fast here and spaced out better than in Placid. See? ...doing research and preparing isnt always a good thing...ignorance is bliss!!

Im ready though. I will continue to eat throughout the day and try and get some sleep...a glass of wine might be in order tonight to help me fall asleep. Im psyched and ready to go! GOOD LUCK to Charlotte as well who will be racing Germany the same time tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Stefan said...

Hey Danielle ... congrats on your incredibly fast race!! Awesome!!
Stefan