Friday, August 21, 2009

Next up: Ironman Louisville (I hope)

Yet again time flies and I realize that I haven't updated since Lake Placid! It was so great to be up there training and spectating. Congrats to all who competed this year! A special congrats to Deanna, an athlete that I have the pleasure of coaching...Lake Placid was her first Ironman! It was so much fun to be there watching! The standout of the day was watching Matty Long finish (http://www.iwillfoundation.com/). Matty's finish was without a doubt the most inspiring event in sport that I have ever witnessed...
Since the weekend I have been training hard and recovering hard for my next event, Ironman Louisville. The race is already next weekend and I have been looking forward to it! Unfortunately, I had a nasty spill down the stairs the other day and did a job on the right side of my ribs. I am icing my ribs as I write this and have been doing so since the fall... I don't think I cracked them, but I know they are at least bruised pretty bad, so I am doing everything I can to get them healed for the race next weekend. Of course, if they are still sore by race time, I will have to bail and opt for a later race, but am trying to remain positive. Aside from the ribs, I am fit and psyched to race again. There are 17 Pro women entered in the race and a slot to Kona would be the icing on the cake!
Ironman Canada is the same day as Louisville...Good Luck to all of my friends racing in Canada next weekend (Kevin Browne, Haley Cooper, Tara Norton, Nicole Guembel, Wolfgang Guembel and Seth Graham).

No comments: